Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 31 Aug 2012, 12:02 AM Agree 0
An Insurance Australia Group (IAG) director has retired after almost six years on the insurance giant’s board.
  • Robert Webster | 03 Sep 2012, 12:12 PM Agree 0
    As a long term Insurance person, it is quite obvious that some Insurers choose their BDM's without being sure these people have strong underwriting skills, full knowledge of the policies their company is promoting. What is also needed is a simple list of risks their company is actively chasing and also of a not required list of risks. Doing this will speed up acceptances of risks presented . Speed is very important to Brokers as we are usually offered to quote with little time prior to expiry,and the prospective client needs to make a decision ASAP. Another matter which is hard to understand is the BDM not available By phone or email to discuss matters of importance ,which holds a broker back from (a) getting the business and (b) giving it to the BDM's company. Underwriters should have staff meetings prior to 9am or after 4pm, leaving the day clear for business interaction. I am sorry for my comments but the only thing we all have to work with is service, whether it be new , renewal or claims matters, customer service wins every time.
Post a reply