Forum

Insurance Business forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Insurance Business | 01 Nov 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
An Aussie insurer has been forced to defend senior management’s multi-million dollar pay packets and explain why new international plans will avoid the same fate as its UK business.
  • Concerned One | 01 Nov 2013, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    Being accountable to many certainly merits a bit extra in the pay packet. The global financial crisis highlighted to me that some extremely highly paid professionals are not as good as they think they are. I'm sure many of us go home consistently mentally exhausted, so how is our effort any less vital and important to our business however we are paid considerably less. Yes our sporting stars are payed "too much' as well, in comparison top execs probably feel justified when comparing $.
    I am not convinced that the "best person" for the job means you throw everything at them. Take a fraction of that package away and down the chain a few extra persons can be employed that could provide a more efficient operation, thus generating additional sales and more income. Food for thought!
Post a reply